Here are a few things I have done in order to prep for our first baby. I’m very OCD when it comes to prepping and waste no time in getting organized.
1. Get organized! I don’t want to be in search of looking through cabinets when the baby comes so I cleaned out my pantry in the kitchen and tossed random stuff I’ve collected over the years that I just don’t use or need. I made room for all of the baby stuff-like room for bottles, formula, burp clothes, and whatever else I may need for her that’s easy to locate and not have to waste time looking for that particular item. We have a 2 story and most of our time is spent in the loving room or outside so I want things accessible.
2. Set up the baby room. I’ve got 2 months to go and I have Baby Bella’s room all set up and ready to go! My parents spoiled us and bought the dresser, crib and rocking chair a few months ago so soon after we got it delivered I wasted no time in decorating! This is our first baby so of course I’m getting stuff done right away because I’m just so excited! I’m also very OCD when it comes to prepping because when that special moment comes I want to enjoy it.
3. If you are going to be a working mom then you must research and line up a nanny or daycare in advanced. I don’t know about you but I want a reliable, experienced, loving person watching my baby while I’m at work. I am on 2 waiting lists for daycare and in search or finding another daycare just in case. My husband and I are also looking into an Au Pair. At first I was opposed of the thought of having a random person live in our home but the more I’ve looked into it the more I am open to the idea. We still need to do some research but it’s an option. Once our baby comes I don’t want to stress about trying to find someone to watch our baby once I go back to work that’s why I’m lining up everything now so I can focus all my time on our newborn.
4. Make time for yourself! There’s so much to do before your baby comes so don’t forget to treat yourself. Whether it’s going out to dinner with your girlfriends, having a spa night at home or going to a spa, or getting a mani/pedi. You deserve it since your mind and body is going through so much during pregnancy.
5. Date night with your man. It’s also important to make time for you and your hubby. Dinner dates, or going out for frozen yogurt or just staying in making pizzas and watching a movie is highly recommended and also fun! If you are able to I also recommend taking a quick weekend get away. My hubby surprised me and took us to Catalina Island. We both have never been and we had so much fun! It’s a cute little quaint beach town. Since I’m prego I was all about the food and dessert!
6. Meal prep! I am the Queen of meal prepping and I plan on prepping some dinners and protein shakes for those crazy days and nights when we won’t have anytime. I’ll post some of my meal prepping in a later post.
7. Set up a diaper and baby wipe deliveries. I don’t know about you but I do not want to get into a situation where we run out of diapers late night and have to make a run to the store. We are thinking about using Amazon and setting up a weekly or monthly re-order so we don’t have to worry about not having enough on hand because we all know babies go through A LOT of diapers!