There’s so much to do before the arrival of your baby or babies come! It can also be very overwhelming if this is your first pregnancy. With the help of my bestie she sent me a list of what worked for her and also her cousin. I’ve shared this list with so many friends recently so I thought I’d share it on my blog. I’ve added to the list and have started to try some of them out.
I registered at Babies R Us and Amazon. Babies R Us is great because they have a free rewards program and Amazon is awesome because I found so many cute girl clothes and shoes!
Other items you will want to register for:
-Bottle cleaning brush
-Large Boon grass drying rack (easy to clean and way cuter than other ones for the counter)
-Flower for Boon grass drying rack to hand binkies or bottle nipples
-Changing table pad that you can just put on a dresser
-Sheets for crib X3 for when the wet the bed
-Sheet for changing table X2
-Changing pad liners
-Children’s liquid tylenol
-Amber necklace for teething
-KY for when you use the rectal thermometer
-Dohm white noise maker
-Ergo newborn insert
-Solly baby swap
-Avent soothie pacifiers
Need some inspo on what to get your girlfriends or mom? I’ve rounded up some ideas that will spark your gift giving planning.
This is a busy time of year and gift giving should not be stressful. Have fun with it and remember you shouldn’t feel bad if you are not able to give a gift. Whether you plan a fun girls night in or take your bestie out to lunch or dinner for quality time is a gift in itself ❤️
I’m officially 38 weeks and officially on maternity leave! Woot woot!! Since everything is organized and all set up (literally just waiting on our little girl to make her appearance) I have time to set up my hospital bag.
I’m packing everything in a rolling suitcase. I figured that’s the easiest and most efficient way to pack.
This is what I’m packing:
-Wallet with Health Card
-Birth Plan if you have one. I am going to wing it. Bella’s head is down so it looks like I’ll be having a vaginal birth but you just never know what can happen so I’ll let the doctor decide what’s best for me and my baby.
-2 sets of Pj’s
-Granny Panties because you will need to wear pads after vaginal birth.
-Nipple cream. I plan on using coconut oil. It’s non toxic and you won’t have to wash it off when you are ready to feed your baby.
-Toiletries Bag: (razor, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, hair tie, clip, bobby pins, chapstick/lip gloss, deodorant, skincare and makeup products, perfume, and travel sized shampoo and conditioner.
-Tucks (helps you heal down there)
-Going home outfit. Remember you are not going to lose your belly right away so go home comfy! I’m packing black leggings, a nursing tank and long duster cardigan with comfy flats or sandals. It’s been warm in San Diego so not sure on the temp so I’ll most likely wear sandals.
-Blanket. Hospitals are cold!! So bring a cozy blanket!
-Baby girl’s stuff: Make sure you wash all of your baby clothes and blankets. I used Dreft detergent (my mom and all my girl friends who are moms recommend it!)
So I might be over packing for her but Hello I’ve waited so long for this moment!!!
-3 cozy onesies.
-Going home outfit- make it cute for pictures but practical and comfy for baby.
-Headband with Bow
-Socks just in case
The hospital will provide most essentials for your baby so I am not going to pack diapers or wipes.
I guess we can’t forget about the Hubby/New Daddy!
My hubby plans on packing a backpack with:
-Sweatpants or Shorts
-Tee Shirt and Sweater
-Cash & Wallet
Here are a few things I have done in order to prep for our first baby. I’m very OCD when it comes to prepping and waste no time in getting organized.
1. Get organized! I don’t want to be in search of looking through cabinets when the baby comes so I cleaned out my pantry in the kitchen and tossed random stuff I’ve collected over the years that I just don’t use or need. I made room for all of the baby stuff-like room for bottles, formula, burp clothes, and whatever else I may need for her that’s easy to locate and not have to waste time looking for that particular item. We have a 2 story and most of our time is spent in the loving room or outside so I want things accessible.
2. Set up the baby room. I’ve got 2 months to go and I have Baby Bella’s room all set up and ready to go! My parents spoiled us and bought the dresser, crib and rocking chair a few months ago so soon after we got it delivered I wasted no time in decorating! This is our first baby so of course I’m getting stuff done right away because I’m just so excited! I’m also very OCD when it comes to prepping because when that special moment comes I want to enjoy it.
3. If you are going to be a working mom then you must research and line up a nanny or daycare in advanced. I don’t know about you but I want a reliable, experienced, loving person watching my baby while I’m at work. I am on 2 waiting lists for daycare and in search or finding another daycare just in case. My husband and I are also looking into an Au Pair. At first I was opposed of the thought of having a random person live in our home but the more I’ve looked into it the more I am open to the idea. We still need to do some research but it’s an option. Once our baby comes I don’t want to stress about trying to find someone to watch our baby once I go back to work that’s why I’m lining up everything now so I can focus all my time on our newborn.
4. Make time for yourself! There’s so much to do before your baby comes so don’t forget to treat yourself. Whether it’s going out to dinner with your girlfriends, having a spa night at home or going to a spa, or getting a mani/pedi. You deserve it since your mind and body is going through so much during pregnancy.
5. Date night with your man. It’s also important to make time for you and your hubby. Dinner dates, or going out for frozen yogurt or just staying in making pizzas and watching a movie is highly recommended and also fun! If you are able to I also recommend taking a quick weekend get away. My hubby surprised me and took us to Catalina Island. We both have never been and we had so much fun! It’s a cute little quaint beach town. Since I’m prego I was all about the food and dessert!
6. Meal prep! I am the Queen of meal prepping and I plan on prepping some dinners and protein shakes for those crazy days and nights when we won’t have anytime. I’ll post some of my meal prepping in a later post.
7. Set up a diaper and baby wipe deliveries. I don’t know about you but I do not want to get into a situation where we run out of diapers late night and have to make a run to the store. We are thinking about using Amazon and setting up a weekly or monthly re-order so we don’t have to worry about not having enough on hand because we all know babies go through A LOT of diapers!
This past weekend while I was out & about I was inspired by all the 90’s trends that are making a come back. For one thing, there were two kinds of people in the 90’s. There were the 90’s grunge rocking their ripped jeans or palazzo pants, flannel, a skate tee & Doc Martins, & then there were the ones who basically threw on whatever was in their eye sight…think crazy print pants, neon wind breakers & combat boots! I don’t know how that “style” came about but it was all the rage. Anyways, as I was shopping around I saw all the crazy 90’s trends on the racks mixing in with the bohemian floral pieces and it got me thinking about styling looks for Coachella and all the other desert festivals that are coming up. I just love how this style has evolved and is basically trending every spring/summer with a few added touches like chokers, bigger hats, and body gems.
What I’m wearing are pieces I already had or passed down to me. Like the belt & turquoise pictured above-those were my Nana’s and she rocked them all the time back in the day! She was my style icon when I was younger. Because trends come and go It’s really easy to mix up old and new stuff to create an awesomely styled outfit. I had to sort threw my jewelry & bags but ended up styling looks that will be on repeat all spring & summer.
I love the look of crop tops & shorts or long maxi dress with an oversized denim jacket or kimomo. Floral patterns are huge right now, as are many bold prints for skirts and palazzo pants so for your top you could wear a crop top or a body suit (either flowy top & hip hugging bottoms or tiny too & flowy bottoms..all about balance). I’m a huge hat fan and love that Wide Brim hats are also trending, so be sure to top your outfit off with a hat and as for accessories think more is more. Wear your statement necklace(s) with a choker and for shoes I just love a good fringe boot.
Forever 21 has some amazing pieces that fit the Desert Chic look and what’s even better is that it’s all perfectly priced and budget friendly!
My sister took her life 8 months ago. We were best friends. I took a trip to Colorado to visit her last July and a week after my visit I received the worst phone call-the worst nightmare of my life. I was told that she took her life. There were no signs of suicide and I am still in shock that this horrible act has happened. Since then a part of my soul hardened. Somedays are rough and I can’t stop thinking about the why’s which turns into a downward spiral of depression. I still find the positive things in life, but I don’t feel whole. I desperately want to go back to how I was prior to her passing but I know that will never happen.
Recently I realized that I need to look at this situation as an opportunity to grow and to become something better; to live life with more passion and love.
On top of grieving over my sister, my husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 2 years. Who would have thought getting pregnant could be so hard. It’s always when you want something really bad it takes forever to get. Well a miracle happened and we finally got pregnant a few months ago. I couldn’t believe it! My husband and were so happy and excited! I couldn’t wait for my first appointment and I couldn’t wait to start planning the baby’s room. It was a week before Thanksgiving and I was about seven weeks and I ended up going through a miscarriage. I was devastated and didn’t want to move or do anything. I had to force myself keep going. The positive is that I know I can get pregnant and I also found out that my type of blood attacks positive blood cells so my body basically attacked the baby because it thought it was a bad thing. So now I know I need to get a special shot as soon as I find out I’m pregnant again. It’s the craziest thing and it’s starting to make me feel like a crazy person. Like every month I am taking pregnancy tests. So dealing with all of these crazy emotions has been so hard, but some how I am still smiling and pressing forward.
We all have hurdles in life and I know I’m not the only one. The more I open up about what I have been going through to friends, family & new people I meet, the more connected and in common we become. I love life and although at times I just want to give up and not care about anything, there is something stopping me from giving up. Working on myself has been a challenge, but I am getting there. Talking to a professional scared me, but I recently finally felt a release of pain leave me. Trying acupuncture for fertility has calmed my nerves, taking natural antidepressants has evened my roller coaster of emotions out.
When you love yourself and believe in yourself and when you don’t give up on yourself, life becomes so much easier! So to anyone who feels alone, don’t give up. Trust the process and believe in yourself and seek help if needed. There are so many resources to utilize that really help and remember that you are not alone ❤
The sun is finally shining in San Diego! I have lived here my entire life and I don’t think it’s ever rained this much, so I am one happy gal now that the sunny blue skies have made an appearance.
So my friend and I bopped around North Park the other day and checked out Communal Coffee for the first time. It’s seriously the cutest coffee shop ever and who wouldn’t want to have coffee and be surrounded by flowers?! We tried the floral latte flight and the regular latte flight. My fav so far is the lavander latte…delish! It’s definetly a place to check out and what better way to have coffee in the sunshine with this cute little striped top, cut offs, and funky wedges. It’s the perfect casual spring outfit! Get inspired and shop the look below! Xo
Viscose Shirt by h&m
Cut-Off Shorts by Free People through Shop Style
Wedges by Kate Spade through Shopbop
Hat by Brixton through Nordstrom
Blush Tote by BP through Nordstrom
FUN FACT- The first hat I ever bought was a brown beret!! Yes…a beret. I was thirteen and a freshman in High School. Not the best hat to buy when you are trying to fit in, but then again why fit in when you were born to stand out? Since then I have been obsessed with hats & who wouldn’t be!
1. They are greattttt for bad hair days-no brainer.
2. They can class or sass up your look.
If you think you are one of those people who thinks, “Nope, I can’t pull off hats.” Well you are wrong. Wide brims are everything right now. They look fab on everyone one and bonus, hats are a great conversation starter.
Shop the lastest spring must haves that are budget friendly >>>
Brixton ‘Wesley’ in coffee
Leopard is here to stay. If you know me, I have always been a fan of leopard. It’s an on trend print that can be worn every season. When you style your look with leopard you obvi don’t want to be covered head to toe in the print.
Leopard looks great with any pop of color. One of my all time favorite ways to wear leopard is in a faux fur coat. There’s just something sassy about it. If you aren’t a big risk taker with leopard, try adding a leopard scarf to a solid top and coat.
Whether you style your leopard tunic with skinnie jeans, black wedges and a pop of turquoise or leopard slip dress with an over sized denim jacket and white sneaks your look will always go from drab to fab when you add a leopard piece.